Friday 21 July 2017

A cold went hunting.


Depp’s cold has done what most colds do in a family and has migrated to another host.  Talluah has fallen victim to high temperatures and lethargy, but unlike Depp, I can’t carry her around BsAs.  We tried an overdose of orange juice from one of the mobile juice vendors.  The owner of this cart is either on the run from an angry wife or the tax man.  Either way, he wouldn’t let me take the photograph with him anywhere near the device, even when I said I just wanted a shot of his hands in action.


Our hostel is on Florida in the centre of town.  Florida is only for pedestrians and at night time is well lit with a mixture of money changers, people heading home from work, street vendors, shops and places to eat.  The deal with the hostel is that children younger than 5 are free if they share a bed with someone.  Our four bedroom dorm has four single beds.  On Wednesday night, Depp was snoring so heavily that Talluah and I decided to share a bed and let him sleep without having to share.  This meant that Talluah and I had to synchronise when we rolled over, faced east or west, scratched our nose or flinched as we fell asleep.  In the morning, Talluah was feeling the effects of the flu so Thursday night I shared with Depp.  Truce asked why we were putting the biggest person with the smallest.  I explained that my parental training meant I knew how to sleep on a postage stamp if there was a child in the bed.  By morning I was curled up like a cat using my allocated 10% of the bed with Depp snoring peacefully with his 90%.




The hostel is a few hundred metres from the Subte station B line, which leads directly to the Museum of Natural Science about five kilometres away.  The kids and I left Talluah to rest while we rode the subway to look at dinosaur bones, minerals, mounted animals, shells and other natural wonders.  While on the train, we were entertained by an keyboard player with an amp and numerous people selling pens, lollies and even prayers.  The building itself is quiet grand and the girls thought it could easily be a secret entrance for the Ministry of Magic.







No comments:

Post a Comment