Friday 17 March 2017

An empanada counts to 12.

Even while living in another country, grocery shopping can lose its appeal and there are days when you just don’t feel like making dinner.  I rode into the town centre to a pizza and empanada restaurant and ordered 12 empanadas.  Initially, I was just going to have ten but they lady behind the counter told me that it’s cheaper to by the dozen.  The “dozen” is an interesting concept how it has stayed strong for so many years.  Funny how the bakers got it wrong, which is embarrassing for them because even a chicken can count out a dozen.  

Most empanada shops have empanadas on display ready to be reheated but this restaurant makes them fresh to order.  I was going to wait for the empanadas to be made but I was asked if I wanted delivery.  I felt my Scrooge McDuck muscles tighten around my purse strings. 

Would you like delivery.
How much for delivery?
            For what?
Delivery.
            Delivery?
For delivery.
            Oh, delivery.  I thought you said delivery.
I said it exactly the same way you did.   Delivery.
            No.  You’re saying delivery, it’s delivery.
How much is it?
            Free.
Really?

is that delivery with a v or a b?


Delivery was organised and I rode home.  Ten minutes later the doorbell rang and a dozen empanadas entered our home.  They were so tasty I wish a baker had counted them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment